[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Changes on the JBM stack on JBoss5

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 7 10:28:53 EST 2008

"vblagojevic at jboss.com" wrote : ... I was confused when I saw that you are not using FLUSH in your stack, are you?

FLUSH is used. See http://viewvc.jboss.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/messaging/branches/Branch_1_4/tests/etc/server/default/deploy/mock-channelfactory-stacks.xml?revision=5284&view=markup

anonymous wrote : Anyway, the root cause is that the cluster could not be flushed for whatever underlying reason that might have happened and therefore the state retrieval did not proceed.

OK, but we need to figure out why this happens. I looked further at this one, and all that's going on is normal channel startup repeated many times over the course of a testsuite run; eventually one fails.  Like you say, intermittent. My gut impression from observing various testsuite runs is flush issues happen on this kind of normal startup quite infrequently, but still too frequently. In this particular case, the testsuite started 3 nodes about 50 times (stopping all 3 after the start); the failure occurred on the 3rd node in the ~50th cycle.

I think Clebert's suggestion on the forum of using some JBM test infrastructure to automate doing this over and over w/o wasting time running actual JBM tests is a good one. Do you have bandwidth to pursue such a task? [/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187749#4187749

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187749