[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Doc issues WAS: 1.4.1.GA ready

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 19 13:31:34 EST 2008

JBoss 1.4.1.GA will be part of JBoss5, hence we won't require any library substitutions.

Because of that.. I have changed README.html to something simple as:

anonymous wrote : JBoss Messaging Version 1.4.1.GA is a release made and tested exclusively for the JBoss 5.0.0.GA only and it should be part of the JBoss5 download bundle.

  | For the full description of this release, see the JBoss Messaging project JIRA.
  |
  | Enjoy!

And there are other issues as well. For instance, The BindingManager on JBoss5 is now something much simpler where it just overrides properties.

The documentation is becoming a little complicated IMO. For instance on JBoss4 you need to replace libraries while on JBoss5 you don't as we are now part of the distribution. We are getting now things like If (JBoss4) do this ... else.. don't do anything.

The "examples" is another "example".... JBoss5 don't have the destinations created by default. so we need to change the howto on the documentation.

I guess we will need to differentiate the documentation between AS4 and AS5 as the operations is becoming fairly different now.

I guess it needs to be revisited/split as part of a bigger task.

Maybe making the JBossMessaging documentation part of JBoss5 documentation?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190598#4190598

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190598