[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss/Tomcat Integration] - Re: java2ClassLoadingCompliance in AS5?

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 25 13:11:16 EST 2008

"stan.silvert at jboss.com" wrote :
  | I'll answer your other question in a moment.

Looks like there is really no need since Adrian already knows the answer. :-)

But for everyone's edification, the problem here is that JSF does indeed use a factory to dispense a javax.faces.context.FacesContext instance.  If you use an old JSF 1.1 version of the MyFaces factory with the JSF 1.2 version of the javax.faces classes then the MyFaces implementation will extend javax.faces.faces.FacesContext but it won't override all the needed methods.

Really, I'd like to get rid of this "feature" soon.  It was only intended to help ease the transition from 4.0 to 4.2.  I think it has outlived its usefulness.

As for creating a JSF deployer, that sounds like a very good idea to me.  Then anyone can do whatever whatever they want.

And really, I've been thinking about how we can make this easier for all third-party packages that you add to a WAR.  JSF certainly doesn't belong in your WAR and neither does Seam.  But neither does RichFaces or Facelets or any of that stuff.

So it seems that what we really need is to say, if you are developing a library that needs to run in a WAR you should create a deployer for it instead.  But right now, the doco isn't sufficient for the community to get started.  And the creation of such a deployer could be greatly simplified.

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4192234#4192234

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4192234