[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: JBAS-6061 or weird nested jar

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 14 11:27:55 EDT 2008

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  | Well in that case, a more generic solution would be to write a deployer
  | that runs in PostParse.
  |
  | It would then check that all the VFS files in getClassPath()
  | are valid and remove those that aren't. This would of course be an
  | optional deployer (not configured by default) for backwards compatiblity purposes.

Makes sense.

But there's a catch.
This behavior is only triggered when somebody tries to read something from that jar - in this case load some class.
Which starts zip entries read, stumbling upon that broken jar.

How would you know what read/lookup to trigger in this deployer?
Or how would you actually check if all entries - e.g. some similar weird double nested crap - is all legit?

Perhaps we should add another (hard keeping track of all) flag to VFS,
that would also ignore everything - as did the old code.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182178#4182178

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182178