[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - [JBMETA-119] LocalBindingMetaData

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 29 01:44:24 EDT 2008

"emuckenhuber" wrote : Do you need a LocalBindingMetaData similar to the Remote one or is something like this also ok ?

  | String localBinding;

Let's add the LocalBindingMetaData for 2 reasons:

1) If we decide to add @LocalBinding(someNewAttribute="Whatever") in the future
2) Keeps the API uniform, easy-to-read (ie. matches RemoteBindingMetaData)

"emuckenhuber" wrote : or would you prefer a List localBindings

At the moment we allow for explicit declaration of only one local binding; my opinion is that this should be changed to support many.

If you make it look the same as RemoteBindingsMetaData does, that paves the way for @LocalBindings({}) looking forward.

I suppose either approach is valid for the time being.  One might argue that it's silly to put in support for unimplemented features.

"emuckenhuber" wrote : then a postprocessing - setLocalJndiName

I'm no longer sure this is the right approach.  Again we're mixing managed properties of the object model with logic that belongs elsewhere (ie a JNDI Binding Policy or Decorator).

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185275#4185275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185275