[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Replay transaction on XA

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 10 08:29:23 EDT 2008

"timfox" wrote :
  | There are also some methods that are only used by tests (append methods taking byte[]) the tests should use the public interface methods which use encodingsupport.

There a bunch of tests still referring the old method. I will make the tests to use an Encodingsupport that will use a byteArray and remove the test.

anonymous wrote : I prefer option 1). currently add and update records can take an arbitrary encoding support for data, we should just extend this for delete too. So for delete, we write the queue id, as we currently do for updates.

  | This is the most symmetrical solution imho.

This would be an update-for-delete record?

Could we add this to the API?

  | delete(long txID, long recordID, EncodingSupport data);

Then internally we would use the new update-to-delete record-type.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175564#4175564

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175564