[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Algorithm broken in WildcardAddressManager

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 6 07:58:49 EST 2009

"ataylor" wrote : anonymous wrote : How can you add a mapping for each allowable address if there are no allowable addresses? .....
  |   |
  |   | Perhaps there is a terminology mix up here?
  |
  | By allowable address I'm assuming you mean a destination!

Yes I believe you removed the "allowable" when you moved them from postoffice to address manager.

anonymous wrote :
  | so in SimpleAddressManager we would have
  |

  |   | public boolean addDestination(final SimpleString address)
  |   |    {
  |   |       Bindings bindings = new BindingsImpl();
  |   |       mappings.putIfAbsent(address, bindings);
  |   |       return destinations.addIfAbsent(address);
  |   |    }
  |
  | this means that all destinations exist in the mappings object, except that they may have an empty Bindings object. This also means that when i check for matching addresses i don't have to check both the destinations and the mappings only the mappings. Taking this further if they exist in both destinations and mappings we don't need destinations, we can just check in the mappings, if theres an entry then its an allowable address, i.e. it has a mapping, empty or not.

Like I said before, there is no guarantee that an allowable destination exists - this is only used for JMS!!

You're assuming there always an allowable destination for every address that can be routed to - that is not correct.

Allowable destinations are only used if checkAllowable is true.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199747#4199747

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199747