[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: Design of Portal Deployer

mwringe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 23 15:34:23 EST 2009

"alesj" wrote :
  | I've added methods that allow you to add/remove metadata locations:
  |  - http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=149197
  |
  | The deployers snapshot should be in the repo in a few hours.
  | You can then test if this helps you.

unless I am missing something, this is never going to work with the way we are trying to do this.

JBoss Web only uses a small subject of all available 'metadata' files with the deployer, most things are directly handled internally. The deployer doesn't have anything to do with individual html files, jsp files, images, or tlds. I don't see how we can make it work in these situations without rewritting JBoss Web to be more dependent on the microcontainer.

FYI, I did try it with adding the metadata file to the deployment, it just that the deployment doesn't handle tld files, it's looked up through the web app's context which doesn't use the metadata location(see org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.generateTLDLocation).

So back to the original TLD deployer. I don't really like how we have to access the tomcat deployment directory and move files around that way, but I don't see how we can modify the war in any other way.

I am missing some relevant information that would make using the metadata location make sense?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204440#4204440

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204440