[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: Sub-Profiles ProfileService changes

emuckenhuber do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 23 18:21:10 EST 2009

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote :
  | This fails because the validate() call in AbstractProfileService.activateProfile() fails during the reentrant call.  The outer "all" Profile is still in the middle of activating, which the validate() call treats as an exception condition.

Yes, validate should just validate the current activated profile. I've started to do that,
but not finished yet - just copied this part from BasicXmlDeployer.

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Another approach would be to have the "deploy-hasingleton" profile depend on "all", but that's not clean would actually break the HASingleton semantic by forcing the undeploy of the deploy-hasingleton/ dir at the start of shutdown, rather than waiting until the HASingletonController stop phase, which does other needed work.

Yeah, i thought deploy-hasingleton is independent from the other profiles.
You might still want to set a dependency on a clustering-deployers profile or something like that?

I also need to review the shutdown anyway - don't like this much :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4204477#4204477

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4204477