[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: Sub-Profiles ProfileService changes

emuckenhuber do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 27 13:07:55 EST 2009

"bstansberry at jboss.com" wrote :
  | That's OK, but fragile. It also forces breaking things up into more fine-grained sub-profiles. It's a bit of a shame to have to do that since the MC can already properly handle the dependencies.

Well i don't like it - i think it's broken, because it confuses myself too, which is not a very good sign :)

I mean what we could do is to resurrect the DeploymentPhase in the xml, where you can say if it's a deployer or an application.
Maybe we can also put something there where you can say that it should ignore this profile.

That's actually the only reason behind this exercise that all the deployers are fully installed before any app is getting deployed.
Otherwise the deployment won't be recognised and nothing would happen.

I did not really get what you meant with skipping the validation on a re-entrant activateProfile :-/

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4205045#4205045

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4205045