[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Moving microcontainer -> kernel

david.lloyd@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 2 10:17:40 EDT 2009

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : "david.lloyd at jboss.com" wrote : OK, I may not agree that this is "right" but it is what it is.  I think there's one thing we can agree on though - the parameter ought to have a more accurate name, like "beanName" or "beanIdentifier" rather than just "bean", because "bean" implies an expectation that you're passing in the actual bean object in question rather than its identifier.

  | You simply don't get it.

I get it - as I said, it is what it is.  I'm just saying that at the least we ought to change the parameter name because it's misleading.  For example, BeanMetaDataBuilder gives us:

  | public static BeanMetaDataBuilder createBuilder(String name, String bean)

This just makes no sense.  One of those parameters is the name of the bean associated with the BeanMetaData, the other is the name of the class.  But which is which?  I get it wrong about half the time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4234726#4234726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4234726