[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Http Gateway - requirements please...

tfennelly do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 17 05:51:02 EDT 2009

"Kevin.Conner at jboss.com" wrote : Sorry, meant to add the following to my last.

  | As the example above shows, the mep on the service is an implementation detail specific to that service and is used by the pipeline to determine how it should handle requests.
  |
  | The original rosetta code assumed that any message getting to the end of the pipeline was a response and, therefore, sent it whether it was required or not.  This lead to duplicate actions (returning messages or nulls), duplicate replies being sent etc.
  |
  | The mep was introduced to control this, providing explicit instruction to the pipeline stating how it should handle any responses.
  |
  | This is nothing to do with a client contract, which we don't really have, and cannot be used to determine client behaviour.
  |
  | Look through the async continuation stuff for more examples of how easy it is to use OneWay services to implement request/response behaviour.
  |
  | Kev

Sorry... I sent the last one before getting to this.

Sorry again, but this all seems a bit confusing to me in the context of the Http Gateway use cases, that I have in my head.  Perhaps I'm a total idiot, but I just don't follow this.  Am I alone here?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238158#4238158

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238158