[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: EJBTHREE-1823 - handling of res-type in resource-ref

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 30 04:27:38 EDT 2009

"Wolfgang Knauf" wrote :
  | Shall I create any JIRA issues (about the unnecessary warning  and about the type check)?

Sure, please create one.
anonymous wrote :
  | yes, your "I did not get this" guess was correct: I used it to inject a SessionContext, and no matter what was entered for the "res-type", it did not complain, neither on injection nor on JNDI lookup. I can build a sample if you want.

Although, the spec mentions this as a deployer's responsibility to correctly configure the res-type, i guess we could issue either a WARN or ERROR if the types don't match. Please create a separate JIRA for this too and attach your application.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240946#4240946

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4240946