[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - How to supress Netty connection exception logging

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 19 13:37:33 EDT 2009

Everytime a netty connector fails to connect we get the following exception logged by Netty

  | java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
  | 	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
  | 	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:527)
  | 	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientSocketPipelineSink$Boss.connect(NioClientSocketPipelineSink.java:322)
  | 	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientSocketPipelineSink$Boss.processSelectedKeys(NioClientSocketPipelineSink.java:314)
  | 	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientSocketPipelineSink$Boss.run(NioClientSocketPipelineSink.java:243)
  | 	at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:72)
  | 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
  | 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
  | 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

When a JBM cluster is starting up each node continuously tries to connect the other nodes, so we can end up with many thousands of these in the logs for normal startup.

Is it possible for Netty not to log these exceptions? It makes it look like something has gone wrong with the system even though it's quite normal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4219588#4219588

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4219588