[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Management Features on JBoss] - Re: JBAS-6689 add support for activation policy metadata on

charles.crouch@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 30 13:23:38 EDT 2009

"emuckenhuber" wrote :  So when you restart AS the application will have the changed JNDIName and clustered config.

Well this maybe technically true, but for all practical purposes when you restart the AS you will just have a non-functional destination whose configuration has been updated. When the AS starts I would expect you to see something like the following...

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Queue quickstart_helloworld_Request_esb is already deployed as clustered = true so cannot redeploy as clustered=false . You must delete the destination first before redeploying

as described in https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-1368

So given there is no way, without resorting to executing SQL, to actually update this 'clustered' property in a way that is going to leave a functional destination I think it should be readonly from a management perspective. Or we should work with the messaging team to provide a management interface which supports updates.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4222083#4222083

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4222083