[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss] - API modifications for better extensibility ?

deruelle_jean do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 16 16:57:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm starting to work on the task of providing clustering and failover capabilities to our Mobicents Sip Servlets container working on top of JBoss AS 5.1.CR1. See http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/detail?id=521

I took the AS 5.1.CR1 as a basis for my work and the corresponding 2.0.0.GA tags for the different HA sub projects.

the initial import of my code is located here :
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/detail?r=6013

This is not working yet but as I extended the JBoss cluster classes I noticed that few API changes would make my life a lot easier and would provide better integration, so here are my requests, please comment or tell me if I need to open one or multiple JIRA issues if you do agree with the changes :

JBossCacheManager

*  initSnapshotManager to be made protected so that it can be overriden (so that we can set our own converged snapshotManager)
* getSnapshotManager() and setSnapshotManager() public methods or snapShotManager_ field to be made protected
* installValves and installValve methods to be made protected so that they can be overriden (we need that to install our custom JVMRouteValve)
* Ideally, methods such as start/stopEmbedded and UnEmbedded and the methods they use internally should be made protected too

AbstractJBossCacheService

* make the storeSessionOwners protected so that we can reuse it

IntervalSnapshotManager

* make the fields protected

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4231452#4231452

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4231452