[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Uploading MC artifacts to the labs downloads area

kabir.khan@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 22 12:00:08 EDT 2009

Problem:
microcontainer/tags/2.0.6.GA/docs/pom.xml contained the wrong version (2.0.3-SNAPSHOT) which in turn makes it impossible to do a release build

  | [kabir@~/sourcecontrol/mcrelease/microcontainer]
  | $mvn -Passembly -Dmaven.test.skip=true install
  | [INFO] Scanning for projects...
  | Downloading: http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/microcontainer/jboss-microcontainer/2.0.3-SNAPSHOT/jboss-microcontainer-2.0.3-SNAPSHOT.pom
  | [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  | [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
  | [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  | [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
  |
  | GroupId: org.jboss.microcontainer
  | ArtifactId: jboss-microcontainer
  | Version: 2.0.3-SNAPSHOT
  |
  | Reason: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
  |
  |   org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-microcontainer:pom:2.0.3-SNAPSHOT
  |
  | from the specified remote repositories:
  |   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
  |   repository.jboss.org (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2),
  |   snapshots.jboss.org (http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2)
  |

  | [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  | [INFO] Trace
  | org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent: org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-microcontainer for project: org.jboss.microcontainer.docs:jboss-microcontainer-docs:pom:null for project org.jboss.microcontainer.docs:jboss-microcontainer-docs:pom:null
  | 	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:378)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:292)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
  | 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  | 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  | 	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
  | 	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
  | 	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
  | 	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
  | Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Cannot find parent: org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-microcontainer for project: org.jboss.microcontainer.docs:jboss-microcontainer-docs:pom:null for project org.jboss.microcontainer.docs:jboss-microcontainer-docs:pom:null
  | 	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1370)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:821)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:506)
  | 	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:198)
> [...]
I have updated the docs pom in the tag to use the correct version.

I know we will have this problem in deployers and possibly man as well (cl is fine).
Paul says it is because the maven build does not include the docs in the normal build since they take considerable time to build, but from what I gather this also means they do not get included when the release plugin updates the version numbers, so this currently needs doing by hand.

For the current releases I will update the docs versions in the tag's poms. But I don't think this is something we should keep doing, both for the obvious 'don't touch the tag' reason, but also to avoid having to manually fiddle with something that we are trying to automate :-) Also, the script uses anonsvn, so there is the normal time-lag issue of changes done in proper svn getting replicated to anonsvn.

I know we have started the process of moving docs to a separate svn location, am I correct in assuming that once this is done the problem I am seeing will disappear?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4232771#4232771

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4232771