[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss Microcontainer Development POJO Server] - Re: Getting rid of conf/jboss-service.xml

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 18 14:11:30 EST 2009

I just commited the initial change where all services have been moved out of conf/jboss-service.xml as the smoke-tests are passing. This bootstrap descriptor is still needed for the bootstrap class loader. To completely remove conf/jboss-service.xml, the bootstrap class loader configuration also needs to be moved into the profile. JBAS-7469 is tracking this and I'll start a separate thread on that.

The services in conf/jboss-service.xml have been moved into:

deployers/core-naming-jboss-beans.xml - the basic bean and remote access bean
deploy/naming-jboss-beans.xml - legacy mbean wrapper and jndi view (which needs updating)
deploy/legacy-conf-service.xml

I think there is more work to make the naming service more usable as a mcbean such as moving the remoting piece from deployers/core-naming-jboss-beans.xml to deploy/naming-jboss-beans.xml and making better use of the remoting v3 for the remoting proxy. I'm going to look at what the requirements from the embedded usecases were before doing anything along these lines.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4266387#4266387

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4266387