[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS Development] - Re: Naming over Remoting 3

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 23 14:59:13 EST 2009

Update.

I've got a version of Naming running over Remoting 3.

On the server side, there's an org.jnp.server.remoting.NamingServerRequestListener, an invocation handler, that just wraps an instance of org.jnp.server.NamingServer.

On the client side, there's an org.jnp.interfaces.remoting.NamingProxyFactory, which creates a Remoting 3 client connected to a Remoting 3 server and returns a proxy that wraps the client and implements org.jnp.interfaces.Naming.  org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer() then calls NamingProxyFactory.getNamingProxy() instead of the current bootstrap process.  Everything else stays the same.

Right now the Remoting 3 client is sending its requests in instances of org.jboss.invocation.MarshalledInvocation, since invokablecontainer was complaining that my version of maven was too new, but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to replace MarshalledInvocation with invokablecontainer's version.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267138#4267138

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267138