[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss OSGi Development] - Service mix part deux (II.)

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 25 13:52:32 EST 2009

Starting a new fresh thread, as the old one is pretty much tangled up
with a bunch of useless tracking-impl info.
* http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=160504

OK, I have cleaned up OSGi MC Facade to work directly off ContextTracker and ContextQueries:
* OSGiManager registeredServices --> controller/context queries
* AbstractBundleState servicesInUse --> context tracker getUsedContexts
* OSGiServiceState usedBundles --> context tracker getUsers(this)

I currently just imitated previous behavior,
explicitly using just OSGi notions - no non-OSGi+MC context usage yet.

So my question is:
(a) how do we handle non-OSGi context in OSGi Facade
(b) how do we handle OSGi services with additional properties in non-OSGi

I guess (b) should be simple.
e.g. as we already discussed, put service's properties into MDR/Instance
and allow for context filtering based on those properties.
But otherwise the plain usage should be type matching, on exposed service's classes.

What about (a)?

What is MC POJO's bundle?
I guess this is why every deployment has OSGiBundleState, which is what we should return / use?
And I guess this - JBDEPLOY-65 - is needed to make a mapping from context to deployment unit --> OSGiBundleState?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4267566#4267566

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4267566