[jboss-dev-forums] [Management Development] - To scope or not to scope (domain.xml)

Emanuel Muckenhuber do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 9 12:02:21 EDT 2010

Emanuel Muckenhuber [http://community.jboss.org/people/emuckenhuber] replied to the discussion

"To scope or not to scope (domain.xml)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536614#536614

One thing which would be interesting to look at is how much configuration can actually be shared between a DataGrid and JEE server-group.

I mean if it's just the domain name, then it's rather a grouping feature which is most probably easier to do on a aggregation level (JON) than in the domain model itself. Where you would also be able to share a domain across multiple groups.
Also based on this we could also see if multi-tier should be done in one domain, where you cannot really share a server-group between different domains. Or if a hierarchical domain would be a better approach trying to solve this common configuration.

Start a new discussion in Management Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2107]