[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss Microcontainer Development POJO Server] - Implementing a non-flat deployment for Weld Integration

Flavia Rainone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 17 11:06:53 EDT 2010

Flavia Rainone [http://community.jboss.org/people/flavia.rainone%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Implementing a non-flat deployment for Weld Integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557705#557705

> Ales Justin wrote:
>
> > Ales, why should I add it to bootstrap?I mean, can't I just scan the lib dirs as part of the first weld deployment instead of doing it on bootstrap? What are the advantages of doing otherwise?
> Exactly for the reason you have a 2nd question. :-)

Indeed, currently I'm invoking DefaultDomain.loadClass so I can figure out the ClassLoader, which is awful. I also thought on applying some rule to determine the module name, but I wanted to hear from you what would be a good way of retriveing the CL.

> Ales Justin wrote:
>
> > Another question: once I determine that a specific jar in lib has the META-INF/beans.xml file, what is the cleanest way of retrieving the corresponding lib ClassLoader?
> Adding some "listener" service at bootstrap would mean we could somehow
> add a mechanism that would, for every lib added to cl domain, check if there is some beans.xml.

Cool. That would easily give access to the ClassLoader/module that corresponds to the lib IIUC.

> Ales Justin wrote:
>

> I can look into it what would be the best way to do this.
> Unless you wanna do it yourself.
Thanks! You can go ahead. :-) In the meantime, I'll try Pete's suggestion to fix the duplicate ejb descriptor issue.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer Development POJO Server at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2116]