[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - AS 7 Deployment APIs

Brian Stansberry do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 30 18:41:47 EDT 2010

Brian Stansberry [http://community.jboss.org/people/bstansberry%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"AS 7 Deployment APIs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/559648#559648

Some discussion on deployment names.

Right now we have a "name" and a sha1 hash. But it seems we really need 3 things:

1) A common name. This would be the file name (if the content was presented as a file). This becomes the default value for an EE application name (and the EE module name for non-EAR EE archives).

2) An internal unique name. This is used internally, and allows the DC for example, to distinguish between two versions of the same archive. We can use the sha1 hash for this, although I think we shouldn't call it "sha1", since that ties us to a particular implementation choice.

3) An external (i.e. end-user) unique name. This is the name the end user uses to refer to the deployment in the API. This by default would be the same as 1). However, if the end user wanted two different foo.ear's active within the same domain, they could assign a different external unique name to one or both of them.  The foo.ear common name is still needed for both so they have the expected EE application name.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]