[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - TAG-12, deployment directory notions

Scott Stark do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 3 18:01:01 EDT 2010

Scott Stark [http://community.jboss.org/people/scott.stark%40jboss.org] created the discussion

"TAG-12, deployment directory notions"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/569558#569558

Related to TAG-12 ( https://jira.jboss.org/browse/TAG-12 https://jira.jboss.org/browse/TAG-12) and the associated old discussion:
 http://community.jboss.org/message/217771#217771 http://community.jboss.org/message/217771

I wanted to revisit the status of this issue with the AS7 release. The main point of the tag issue was:   https://jira.jboss.org/browse/TAG-12 Rationalization of our deployment directory (primarily EAP issue ...to help customers and our own development teams avoid class-loader collisions.

This seems to be essentially captured in the combination of the module system and profiles. I guess a proper resolution would be to document adding a subsystem as well as an application, collection of applications such that the issue of class conflicts does not happen.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]