[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - Re: AS7 source code check out and setup in eclipse

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 12 13:12:43 EDT 2011

Kabir Khan [http://community.jboss.org/people/kabirkhan] created the discussion

"Re: AS7 source code check out and setup in eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/599616#599616

This is what I do:
* Install m2eclipse. m2eclipse from the official sonatype site might have problems opening all the projects. The latest version there is 0.12.x. The cutting-edge 0.13 release performs a lot better. To get m2eclipse 0.13, add  http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/updates/M http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/updates/M as an update site in Eclipse (If you just go to that address in a browser it 404s). I needed to uninstall my m2eclipse 0.12.x first.
* Follow the steps to check out the project to /some/where/as7/git.
* Open Eclipse with the workspace as /some/where/as7/eclipse.
* Import/"Existing Maven Projects"
* Set /some/where/as7/git as the root dir and choose all the projects.

You might get some errors wrt the lookup attribute of the @Resource annotations, simply go to that project's properties and change the orders of the imports so that the maven deps have a higher precedence than the JRE ones.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]