[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - JSF on AS7

Stan Silvert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 18 14:38:06 EDT 2011

Stan Silvert [http://community.jboss.org/people/ssilvert] modified the document:

"JSF on AS7"

To view the document, visit: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16546

This article documents the current status of JSF integration on AS7.  It is expected that this document will evolve from being a status page to an informal documentation page.  Then it will be deprecated in favor of the official documentation.

*JSF Feature Status*

|| *Feature
* || *Working in Master
* || *Notes
* ||
| Basic JSF integration | Yes | Mojarra 2.0.4-b09 was integrated on 2011-02-23 |
| JSF 2.1 Support | No | Slated for AS7.1 |
| Auto-add FacesServlet | Yes | If no FacesServlet specified in web.xml it will be automatically added according to the new rules in the FacesServlet javadoc (http://download.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/faces/webapp/FacesServlet.html).  This is slightly different from the auto-add feature in AS6. |
| Bean Validation | Yes | Hibernate Validator is integrated with JSF as the bean validation provider. |
| Legacy Facelets Apps | Yes | This refers to older JSF applications that use the JSF 1.x version of Facelets.  All issues resolved. |
| JSP-based JSF applciations | Yes | Fixed in Beta 2. |
| JSTL | Yes | Fixed in Beta 2. |
| JEE5 Injection | Yes | Fixed in CR1 |
| Multi-JSF implementations | No | AS6 allowed you to plug in different JSF implementations.  Currently in AS7, only one implementation is allowed. |
| WAR_BUNDLES_JSF_IMPL | Yes | Implemented in AS7.0.1 |
| Integration Tests | Partial | Several integration tests have been developed but we haven't had time to get them into the build.  JSFUnit is working on AS7 now and we have a JSF smoke test. |

*JSF-related Jiras for AS7:*
JBAS-8876 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8876) Add JSF to AS7
JBAS-8908 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8908) AS6 ZipException now seen in AS7
JBAS-8909 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8909) TransformerConfigurationException when reading faces-config.xml
JBAS-8916 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8916) Need shared TLD's for JSTL and JSF
JBAS-9064 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-9064) Register JSF EL Resolvers with JSP
JBAS-9022 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-9022) Changing web context with jboss-web.xml causes error in JSF
AS7-1541 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1541) Implement WAR_BUNDLES_JSF_IMPL

 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-9125 JBAS-9125 Upgrade JSF to spec level 2.1

Comment by going to Community
[http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16546]

Create a new document in JBoss AS7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=102&containerType=14&container=2225]