[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - Re: Plan for jboss-as-web extension points in AS7

Vladimir Ralev do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 3 08:02:45 EST 2011

Vladimir Ralev [http://community.jboss.org/people/vladimir.ralev%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Re: Plan for jboss-as-web extension points in AS7"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/585183#585183

This is our server.xml (highlight "org.mobicents" for quick overview)  http://pastebin.com/AKJxH0QJ http://pastebin.com/AKJxH0QJ

We extend most of the core classes - (engine, service, context, custom conectors, host config) while reusing a very good amount without having to rebuild anything in JBossWeb and without having to unzip any jars/sars in the original JBossWeb. It is the same for the deployer part and metadata.

In AS7 right now it seems we would have to build our own jboss-as-web jar.

FYI, Sip Servlets are just like HTTP servlets - packaged in a WAR, there is sip.xml next to web.xml with the same syntax where the servlet classes are declared, etc.

What would you recommend as the best solution for us in AS7?

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]