[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - AS 7 "Detyped" Management API

Brian Stansberry do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 6 14:09:54 EST 2011

Brian Stansberry [http://community.jboss.org/people/bstansberry%40jboss.com] commented on the document

"AS 7 "Detyped" Management API"

To view all comments on this document, visit: http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16235#comment-5159

As discussed above we're talking about a scheme where portions of the management model can be addressed via ordered list of key/value pairs:

[{base=>domain},{profile=>default},{subsystem=>web},{connector=>http}

Any portion of the model that can't be addressed that way would be treated as an attribute of an item that could. Attributes don't need to be simple times; they can be lists or a detyped representation of a more complex object graph.

Anyway, bit of a data dump... a couple weeks back I went through the model elements in Alpha1 to analyze how they'd fit into such an addressing scheme and see if there are any blockers. Result is attached in a spreadsheet. I didn't find any blockers. I attached it to this document in case anyone is interested. And in case it's a useful reference document for looking at the structure of the management model.

The structure of the spreadsheet isn't too intuitive. There's tab for each type of model. Within each tab is a series of "Key" and "Value" columns that describe the tree of addressable elements. To the left of all that is a column that lists some non-trivial attributes that are found at the relevant point in the tree. (Yes, I know, having them on the left is weird). Left of that is some comment about how to represent the attribute. One or more * in the comment indicates there's something to think about a bit.