[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - Re: Weld-OSGi integration in AS7

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 16 10:50:22 EDT 2011

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] created the discussion

"Re: Weld-OSGi integration in AS7"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/605478#605478

> WDYT?
Good question.

I agree with you on the "surprise" from a CDI user,
which expects its beans to be available at runtime, since validation "said" so.

What we could do is add a dependency on a OSGi bundle from a CDI deployment which uses some bundle's service.
This should / would be transparently added via Weld/OSGi+AS integration,
which would then also unwind the CDI deployment if the required OSGi service would go away.
(and could potentially re-wind it back, if the service came back)

This might again be an over-kill, but I don't see how else you can properly handle this from CDI side.

Otoh, OSGi side could easily live with dynamic CDI beans, as this is what it already does.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]