[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS7 Development] - Re: JBoss AS7: Brainstorm Admin Console Security Tab

Jason Greene do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 10 15:52:10 EST 2011

Jason Greene [http://community.jboss.org/people/jason.greene] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss AS7: Brainstorm Admin Console Security Tab"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/636025#636025

> Anil Saldhana wrote:
>
> Security Domains need to have CRUD capabilities.  The CRUD should not require server restart.

Just a note that my refactor adds the ability to restart a domain without requiring a restart but that means any service which depends on that security domain (perhaps a deployment) will be restarted as well. For this reason the default is to put the server in a state where it must be restarted at the next opportunity for the change to take affect.

If the console passes the ALLOW_RESOURCE_SERVICE_RESTART operation header, which is intended to be triggered by some checkbox or dialog that tells the user what that action means, then the doman service will bounce.

If however, the pbox impl is extended to support hot runtime updates in the futrue, we can replace the restart stuff with that.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]