[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - Re: JBoss Modules and a NICE Documentation

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 3 07:08:08 EST 2012

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss Modules and a NICE Documentation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/644325#644325

First of all, you're using JBossAS for free, as is everyone else, and time spent on the *free* forums is free as well.
Hence I and probably others would appreciate a bit nicer "tone" and no UPPER CAPS, we get the point. ;-)
> Module1: contains persistence.xml and the entity classses..
> Module2: conatains the EJB's for the business layer and MUST be able to use the Module1.So there is a dependency from Module2->Module1.
> Module3: contains the .war which will be the interface and is clear that :Module3->Module2->Module1 and Module3->Module1.
>
> I have created the com/test/module1/main  com/test/module2/main and the resulting module.xml file respectively.But I DON'T SEE the modules
> to be loaded.Trying to figure out how the classloadin will take place i am more confused than cleared.

Why are these static modules? Shouldn't this be plain deployments?
And since every deployment is a module as well (w/o the need for module.xml), you can declare dependencies between them as well.
*  https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Class+Loading+in+AS7 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Class+Loading+in+AS7 --> see jboss-deployment-structure.xml
e.g. simply having something like this as a dependency: deployment.mymodule1.jar

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]