[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - Re: JBoss Modules and a NICE Documentation

Nikos Ballas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 3 08:31:49 EST 2012

Nikos Ballas [http://community.jboss.org/people/cirix] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss Modules and a NICE Documentation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/644355#644355

@Stephen and here is the proof: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1769 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-1769
@jaikiran:The point is the following.I would like to have a modular architecture.Imagine i have everything in non exploded ear and my ejb-jar file exposes
some services to external clients.Now the scenario is i want to update the .war file for adding some new pages.Thus i would have down time for the services which should be working cause we are using what is called N-TIER architecture and for me that's the correct behaviour of an application that
utilizes that type of architecture.Bundling everything up in an ear for my point of view isn't n-tier architecture in practice.Having different layers should imply that also from top down when you are making changes the change in a higher layer should reflect changes in the lower application layer.I was
hoping that the module environment offered by jboss would be exactly that answer.This was more or less happening in the previous way of loading as
long as the core dependency wasn't remove and that should always be the case.I mean if someone decides to bring down the persistence layer then no other service should be available if we are discussing for db driven apps, such then one i am on.I am aware of the jsr...but i think also you can inject in subdeployment in jboss by specifing the isolated subdeployments in the ee subsystem or in the jboss-deployement-structure file of the ear.But still from
my description simply i think the correct technology to use is OSGi.I was hopping from what i was reading that JBoss Module would provide more or less the same layer of functionality but...far from being true  :) .

regards
\n\m

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]