[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - jboss as7 clustering - need help with setting up maven and finding documentation

Radai Rosenblatt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 01:59:17 EDT 2012

Radai Rosenblatt [https://community.jboss.org/people/hatchetman82] created the discussion

"jboss as7 clustering - need help with setting up maven and finding documentation"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/746836#746836

Hi.

I'm trying to set up a new demo project to do some jboss clustering PoC based on the latest and greatest (as 7.1.1 right now).
I basically need 3 things (that i know of) in my build - a dependency on the j2ee6 spec, a dependency on the jboss ejb3 ext api, and some dependency to allow me to write jboss services - because they seem to be the only way to do clustered singletons? (see  https://community.jboss.org/message/646537#646537 https://community.jboss.org/message/646537)

for the j2ee specs, i already know i can do this in my parent pom:

this will allow me to add dependencies on various j2ee6 specs with the exact versions taken from the above pom.

is there a similar aggregation for jboss extensions?
for the ejb-ext-api, for example, i know i can do this:

but thats just a single jar, and i have no idea what the proper dependency is for the service API (s ?).

also, how do i keep these consistent with each other and with the particular jboss version i plan to deploy on?
for example, jboss-javaee-6.0:3.0.1 is under jboss-parent:0 while jboss-ejb3-ext-api:2.0.0 is under jboss-parent:7 - which might cause issues?
how do i tie the spec versions im building against to the spec versions supported by the jboss version im to deploy on?

and a last question - where do i go to to learn how to write jboss services?

thanks in advance for any pointers,

   Radai.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]