[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - On EAP 6 remote applications that deploy after the client application are considered after failure, but not during load balance.

John Dolan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 12 04:51:48 EDT 2012

John Dolan [https://community.jboss.org/people/johndolan] created the discussion

"On EAP 6 remote applications that deploy after the client application are considered after failure, but not during load balance."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/747691#747691

Hi,

I have a setup where there are 4 JBoss nodes running locally on different port offsets and names. One node has an application App1 running as a cluster client (jboss-ejb-client in META-INF of ear) and makes a call to an application running on the other 3 nodes. For testing I am tracking the distribution of calls. My expectation is that the calls would be distributed evenly across all 3 server nodes. This is generally the case, however if a server application gets deployed after the client application, the client application ignores it for load balancing until alternative nodes fail.

It can happen that despite there being 3 available nodes with appropriate receivers, only 1 gets called. The way around this is to restart the client.

Is there a setting that could be causing this behaviour? I haven't configured load balancing manually.

I've set up the server according to  https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Developer+Guide#DeveloperGuide-EJBinvocationsfromaremoteserver https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Developer+Guide#DeveloperGuide-EJBinvocationsfromaremoteserver

Best Regards,
John

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]