[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - Re: AS7 Logging - org.jboss.logging.jul-to-slf4j-stub ?

rang s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 01:32:43 EDT 2012

rang s [https://community.jboss.org/people/ranga033] created the discussion

"Re: AS7 Logging - org.jboss.logging.jul-to-slf4j-stub ?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/748176#748176

Looks like either something is missing or I am doing it wrongly.

This is the scenario I am trying. I have a EJB jar file. It uses java util logging. Now I wish to use JUL-to-SLF4J stub and then wish to log the messages via log4j. i.e I want the java.util.logging calls to direct to slf4j via SLF4JBridgeHandler( I have specified this handled in logging.properties bundled in ejb jar, hope this is the right way) .

I have tried adding log4j.properties in the ejb jar but the messages were not logged. For slf4j to log messages via log4j, do I need to do something more ?( SLF4J says that an application needs to have  and log4j. The former I bundle with my ejb jar. The latter is provided by JBoss AS7. Hope this is fine)

Regarding point 2 . I have created a issue - >  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-5174 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-5174

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]