[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss AS 7 Development] - Hide JBoss internal exceptions from the client

Frank Ulbricht do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 05:49:07 EDT 2012

Frank Ulbricht [https://community.jboss.org/people/f.ulbricht] created the discussion

"Hide JBoss internal exceptions from the client"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/750119#750119

Hello friends,

when I use JBoss with remoting from a client and there is an exception thrown on the server, I get the exception and its complete stacktrace and causes transfered to the client. But there may be exceptions thrown by some JBoss subsystem (like Hibernate or the database itself) and I usally do not have these classes in the classpath of my client. Why should I - I do not use them here. This all leads to a ClassNotFoundException by the JBoss marshalling... (It seems sometimes the server and the client freeze after this, but that is a different story)

Is there a way to configure JBoss not to include the complete cause history in its exceptions down to every internal subsystem?

Greetings,
Frank.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS 7 Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2225]