[jboss-dev-forums] [JBoss ESB Development] - JBoss 6.1 ESB 4.10 SOAPProxy doen't work with HTTP basic auth!

Maksym RMA do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 27 12:12:16 EDT 2012

Maksym RMA [https://community.jboss.org/people/maksrma] created the discussion

"JBoss 6.1 ESB 4.10 SOAPProxy doen't work with HTTP basic auth!"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/750725#750725

I have esb service action:

<action name="proxy" class="org.jboss.soa.esb.actions.soap.proxy.SOAPProxy">
                                        <property name="wsdl" value=" http://localhost:8081/myservice?wsdl http://localhost:8081/myservice?wsdl" >
  </property>
  </action>

It works fine. But web service aks for HTTP Basic authentification.
By documentation, i create http.properties:
# AuthBASIC config
configurators=AuthBASIC

# AuthBASIC config
auth-username=XXX
auth-password=XXX
authscope-host=localhost
authscope-port=8080

And made changes in jboss-esb.xml:

<action name="proxy" class="org.jboss.soa.esb.actions.soap.proxy.SOAPProxy">
<property name="wsdl" value="http://localhost:8081/myservice?wsdl"/>
<property name="endpointUrl" value="http://localhost:8081/myservice"/>
<property name="file" value="/META-INF/http.properties"/> //
<property name="clientCredentialsRequired" value="true"/>
</action>

1. In tutorials and quickstarts - HTTPS, e.g. SSL service with BASIC auth, and probably it works fine. BUT I need HTTP without SSL.
2. After adding this property:
<property name="file" value="/META-INF/http.properties"/>

I always have deployment error: host parameter is null.

Have anybody some experiance with ESB SOAPProxy and basic auth ?

(Throught SoapUI - with Basic credentials - my service works fine!)

Start a new discussion in JBoss ESB Development at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2032]