[jboss-dev] Problem deploying webapps in trunk

Mladen Turk mladen.turk at jboss.com
Fri Dec 1 10:38:40 EST 2006

Scott M Stark wrote:
> Since I can't get jdk5 to compile, I tried running with systinternals
> file monitor tool. For a startup that fails to
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException:
> Failed to parse source: Read error
>
> About all I can think to do at this point is to write my own readBytes
> jni method that mirrors that jdk version to see if I can reproduce the
> error with more info from the system routines.

Here it is:
Put the JvmWrapper.class and jvmdio.dll in bin and modify the run.bat
-classpath ".;%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%" JvmWrapper %*

You will see
[228] readBytes error=6 FFFFFFFF readed -1

Now, the FFFFFFFF is INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE, so it looks like
there is a read on closed FileInputStream (or not opened).

Regards,
Mladen