[jboss-dev] Transport cleanup in jbossas5/4.2

Scott M Stark scott.stark at jboss.org
Wed Dec 6 16:57:22 EST 2006

We are aligning on remoting for all transports in jbossas5, and as far
as I know, 4.2. I created this "Unification of transports to Remoting
2.2.0" 5.0 task that links to existing related issues, and needs the
following additional subtasks:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3925
+ http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3151 (Convert HA-JNDI stubs to
Remoting)
+ http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3856 (JMXConnectorServer not
respecting the...)
+ http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3885 (Update JBossRemoting to
version 2.2.0)
+ POJOize remoting config
+ Update naming service to using remoting based proxy, also related to
(Convert HA-JNDI stubs to Remoting).
+ Move remoting transports out of conf/jboss-service.xml to a
remoting-beans.xml
+ Synch up ejb2x transport configs
+ Synch up ejb3 transports configs (merge the AOP subsystem into
remoting-beans.xml).
+ Replace jmx-invoker-service.xml with jmx-remoting.sar

Much of this applies to 4.2 if we are aligning on remoting there.