[JBoss-dev] Re: JBossMQ in JBoss5

Tim Fox tim.fox at jboss.com
Tue Sep 19 05:54:54 EDT 2006

I can understand that we need to continue to _support_ JBoss MQ with
JBoss 5, but I don't really understand why we need to _bundle_ it with
the distribution.

I think bundling would be sending the wrong message - (why are we
pushing two products?), and also may confuse users, especially the ones
new to JBoss who may not know the difference between MQ and messaging,
and may end up install the wrong one.

For customers who really don't want to / can't move to JBoss Messaging
when they move to JB5 , then we can provide a download and a script they
can run, as Sacha has suggested. I think this makes more sense.