[JBoss-dev] RE: Logging changes in head - and missing commit e-mails

Sacha Labourey sacha.labourey.ml at jboss.org
Wed Sep 20 11:41:52 EDT 2006

> > Show me an example.
>
> Of open source hotspot? :-)
>
> You made the change, you should justify it.
> I can't prove a negative.

LOL, I just thing you are funny trying to hunt me on any change I make :)
(as basic as the logging statements...).

The start of JBoss displays so much crap that any user is horrified and
cannot distinguish the usefull from the non-usefull stuff. Logging that kind
of thing (java.vendor + java.vm.vendor) is just such an example of
over-engineering.

> My original point is people changing things without
> discussing it first.

Yeah, so let's start discussing all of the crap being logged on HEAD today,
starting with clustering and tomcat.