[JBoss-dev] generating html test reports with maven

Alexey Loubyansky alex at jboss.com
Fri Sep 22 04:06:19 EDT 2006

Another thing I can't understand.

I am trying to move XB tests to the jbossxb project from the testsuite
of the JBossAS.
I run the tests with 'mvn test' having the following in the pom.xml

       <plugin>
          <configuration>
             <printSummary>true</printSummary>
             <disableXmlReport>true</disableXmlReport>
          </configuration>
       </plugin>

Then for the following testcase I can see:

Test set: org.jboss.test.xml.AnnotatedPojoServerUnitTestCase
Tests run: 11, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.691
sec <<< FAILURE!

which is unexpected. The expected result would be 3 failures and 1 error.
If I add <test>AnnotatedPojoServerUnitTestCase</test> to the plugin
configuration above, meaning run only this test. I get:

Test set: org.jboss.test.xml.AnnotatedPojoServerUnitTestCase
Tests run: 11, Failures: 3, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.343
sec <<< FAILURE!

Which is what is expected. This is the first test to run in both
scenarios. So, I don't think it's related to forking mode.

Alexey

Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
> Yes, I've got it working. Thanks.
>
> Now, I am seeing weird things. Each generated TEST-<testcase>.xml file
> contains a list of test methods not only those that belong to the
> designated testcase class but those from other test classes too.
> Which in its turn breaks the generated html page.
>
> Alexey
>
> Ryan Campbell wrote:
>> What about the mavne-surefire-report-plugin?
>>
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-report-plugin/report-mojo
>> .html

>>> Alexey