[JBoss-dev] House keeping in JIRA - bug reports

Dimitris Andreadis dimitris at jboss.org
Fri Sep 22 13:31:34 EDT 2006

Absence of a component could be avoided if we could remove this option
from the user that enters the report (so there is somebody assigned to
it, even if it is the wrong person) but it doesn't seem possible in
JIRA.

I don't think it is bad to have unscheduled reports, as long as there is
periodic review to schedule tasks. It is equally bad to use the next
release as a dumping ground and move around deferred tasks from release
to release.

I totally agree proper/periodic review is needed to categorize the
importance of tasks. There was a proposal by Andrig to do this monthly
but we didn't follow up properly.