[jboss-dev] JBoss-4.0.5.GA update

Dimitris Andreadis dimitris at jboss.org
Mon Sep 25 07:36:04 EDT 2006

Hello,

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS

We are some 14 tasks away from the jboss 4.0.5.GA release. The initial
plan for this release was on the 29th/Sep, but I'm moving this to Monday
9th/Oct due to:

- QA in need of 1 week flat to perform the final QA / packaging, plus
specj performance/regression testing.
- Instability in the last week of testsuite runs with OOMEs that affect
the real fail rate, with otherwise succesful tests showing up as
failures.

The testsuite runs with jdk1.4 were in a very good shape a couple of
weeks ago (1 failure using the sun jdk, 6 failures with the jrockit
jdk), but now the results look a bit non-deterministic. My feeling is it
could be related to clustering configuration changes.

http://cruisecontrol.jboss.com/cc/buildresults/jboss-4.0-testsuite-sun-1
.4 (sun)
http://cruisecontrol.jboss.com/cc/buildresults/jboss-4.0-testsuite-1.4
(jrockit)

There is this task for testsuite runs on Solaris 10, for which I haven't
got any input yet.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3651

And the task to improve the ejb3 testsuite runs, if needed.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3582

So the drop-dead date for testsuite fixes and changes to Branch_4_0 is
Monday Oct/2nd (i.e. tag date). Please,

- Do no schedule more issues for 4.0.5.GA
- Help identify the OOMEs in the testsuite
- Help fixing failing tests in your area
- Finish with your tasks by Friday 29th

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestI
d=12310181

Any questions/objections, let me know.