[jboss-dev] JBoss Messaging - to scope or not to scope

Adrian abrock at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 08:28:36 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 13:08 +0100, Tim Fox wrote:
> 4.2 and 5.0 are fine - our versions are API compatible.
>
> My question refers to 4.0.x series

The 4.0.x branch is finished as far as development goes,
except for bug fixes.

Somebody (nameless :-) made incompatible changes to
their api between 4.0.4 and 4.0.5 which makes it
unsupportable from a stability point of view going forwards.

That is why we created the 4.2.x branch.
We need to avoid making the same mistake in that branch. :-)

There are other reasons why 4.2.x was created,
e.g. inclusion of the new transaction manager, EJB3 and
JBossWeb/Tomcat6.

Sadly, JBoss Messaging didn't make the deadline, which I
personally think was a mistake since it was already superior
to JBossMQ when the decision was made.
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock