[jboss-dev] JBoss Messaging - to scope or not to scope

Tim Fox tim.fox at jboss.com
Tue Apr 17 05:50:28 EDT 2007

Ron Sigal wrote:
> Remoting 2..0.0.GA was released around 8/29/06, so quite a bit has been
> done since then.  Unfortunately, 2.2.0.GA is not completely compatible
> with 2.0.0.GA at the wire level.  We won't let that happen in the future.
>
> -Ron

I thought remoting supported wire format version from some time ago?
I.e. a 2.0 client should work with a 2.2 server? Are you sure this is
not the case? This was a requirement from messaging a long way back. I
remember getting Tom to add it. Remoting adds a version byte on each
request, doesn't it?

Ron - how hard would it be to backport the changes between 2.0.0 and
2.2.0 into 2.0.1 and keeping wire format and compile time API
compatibility with 2.0.0?

(This would basically mean renaming 2.2.0 to 2.0.1 and ensuring
compatibility with 2.0.0 ??)

This would be crucial for deploying messaging (and esb) unscoped in the
4.2.x series.