[jboss-dev] Cannot trunks be copied?

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 00:20:32 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 20:12 -0700, Scott M Stark wrote:
> When I tried to copy the common trunks dir into a branches, its failing.
> I guess cp does not work with externals?
>
> [starksm at succubus obr]$ svn cp
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/trunks/
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/branches/2_0
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/common/!svn/bc/2381/branches'
> svn: '/repos/common/!svn/bc/2381/branches' path not found
> svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
> svn:    'svn-commit.tmp'

Looks to me like there is no branches dir at that location:

$ svn ls https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/branches
svn: URL 'https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/branches' non-existent in
that revision

$ svn ls https://svn.jboss.org/repos/common/
admin/
archives/
build/
common-core/
common-logging-jdk/
common-logging-log4j/
common-logging-spi/
common-old/
jbossxb/
jbossxb-builder/
trunks/

There is however a branches inside of common-core, common-logging-jdk,
etc etc.

- DML