[jboss-dev] JB5 Beta3 library dependencies

Jonathan Halliday jonathan.halliday at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 05:49:55 EDT 2007

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:

> Jonathan Halliday wrote:
>> Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
>>> Tracking down the various dependencies for JB5 Beta3.
>>> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4562
>>>
>>> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/build/build-thirdparty.xml
>>>
>>> - We have 10 components at snapshot level. They must reach at least a
>>> Beta state until mid-September. Can the respective owners verify they
>>> can deliver on time and make sure the updates are tracked with
>>> subtasks in JIRA (JBAS-4562), including any transitive dependencies
>>> those component may have?

>>> <componentref name="jboss/jbossts" version="snapshot"/>
>>
>> JBossTS 4.4 won't be in Beta by mid-September. Probably best to go
>> with 4.2.3.SP5 instead.
>>
>> Jonathan.
>>

> Are we sticking with jbossts14 ?
>
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/repository.jboss.org/jboss/jbossts14/
>
> The last jbossts version is 4.2.2.GA
>
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/repository.jboss.org/jboss/jbossts/

'sticking with'? AS 5.0 currently uses jbossts, not jbossts14.

I'll do a build of 4.2.3.SP5 using java 5 in the next few
days. Right now I'm reviewing the changes we have made since
that tag and trying to figure out if a 4.2.3.SP6 may be
worthwhile.

BTW, the TS 4.2.3 branch does not have JTA 1.1 because I was
not allowed to put that into AS 4.2. That means bad things
are going to happen if anyone is actually using the new
TransactionSynchronizationRegistry already. If anyone is
relying on that interface please let me know and we'll have
to look at backporting JTA 1.1 to the TS 4.2.3 branch
without breaking AS 4.2.

Jonathan.

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111
Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Registered in UK and Wales under Company Registration No.
3798903  Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters
(USA) and David Owens (Ireland)