[jboss-dev] Move org.jboss.naming package from server module to naming module

Scott M Stark sstark at redhat.com
Sat Feb 3 03:10:26 EST 2007

I moved the basic jndi classes into the naming project. The services
that depend on other service components are still in server. I also
broke out the core naming service to a simple
org.jnp.server.NamingBeanImpl pojo wrapper that has no transport
dependencies. This is injected into the NamingService which adds the
transport. This allows one to use an arbitrary detached invoker as the
NamingService transport. Previously this could not be done because of
circular dependencies between the invokers and the NamingService trying
to inject invoker proxies.

   <!-- A simple mbean wrapper around the jndi Naming object. This
   only handles an in memory instance. The NamingService uses this
   as the JNDI store and exposes it remotely.
   -->
   <mbean code="org.jnp.server.NamingBeanImpl"
      name="jboss:service=NamingBeanImpl"
      xmbean-dd="resource:xmdesc/NamingBean-xmbean.xml">
   </mbean>

   <mbean code="org.jboss.naming.NamingService"
      name="jboss:service=Naming"
      xmbean-dd="resource:xmdesc/NamingService-xmbean.xml">
      <depends optional-attribute-name="Naming"
         proxy-type="attribute">jboss:service=NamingBeanImpl</depends>
   </mbean>