[jboss-dev] jbossAS 4.2 zip distro & ejb3

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 12:52:15 EST 2007

(reposting due to list subscription problems, sorry)

Currently we don't include ejb3 in the stock .zip distribution of jbossAS. We have the build
produce 2 different hierarchies:

build/output/jboss-4.2.0.CR1
build/output/jboss-4.2.0.CR1-ejb3

with the jems installer using the second directory for providing ejb3 support.

So now that jdk5 is the base jvm and ejb3 is not an optional component, do you see any
reason *not* to merge those 2 directories and have ejb3 included by default, targeting .ejb3
file extensions?

Any implications we should be aware of? Any problems with users that don't use ejb3?

This will affect all the builds and testsuites obviously.

Thanks
/Dimitris